The twenty-first century is the century of the digital revolution. And a key component of this digital revolution is Web development. Every company, product creator, service provider, or marketer needs a website or an application to communicate with customers and spread the word about their business, brand, or service.
However, many people are still unsure of the distinct differences between ReactJS and React Native. But don’t worry; as a renowned ReactJS & React Native App Development company, we are ready to assist you with this problem.
- What is ReactJS?
- What is React Native?
- Advantages of ReactJS Framework
- Disadvantages of ReactJS Framework
- Advantages of React Native Framework
- Disadvantages of React Native Framework
- ReactJS V/s React Native: 10 Primary Points of Differences
- ReactJS V/s. React Native: Which is Preferable?
So, are you curious to know the pros and cons of ReactJS and React Native? As well as the primary difference between them. Let’s find out the answers in this blog comparing ReactJS V/s React Native.
What is ReactJS?
Most Used Web Frameworks Among Developers
What is React Native?
Most Popular Technologies Worldwide
Pros & Cons of ReactJS Framework
Advantages of ReactJS Framework
- Normally, when a developer makes a change, the entire real DOM is updated, which is a very slow process. The virtual DOM, a built-in feature of Reactjs, helps to solve this issue. Virtual DOM updates happen much more quickly. After that, it makes changes to the precise areas that require manipulation while sparing time and resources by comparing the changes to the actual DOM. This feature significantly improves the web app’s performance.
- A unidirectional data flow is a significant feature of ReactJS. This gives the developers more control over the components and makes it easier to detect errors.
- A ReactJS web application is composed of several components, each with its own logic and controls. These components can be reused wherever they are required. The reusable code makes it easier to build and maintain your apps.
- ReactJS provides a useful set of tools that simplify and make the job of developers easier. Additionally, you can choose specific components, check their current Props, and edit their State.
- It’s simple to test ReactJS applications. ReactJS gives developers a space where they can use native tools to test and debug their codes.
- There is a sizable developer community that backs ReactJS. This makes locating and fixing bugs and errors in the library simple. The same justification also drives the ongoing addition of new features, extensions, tools, and updates.
- Its SEO-friendly features make it possible for web pages to be rendered and indexed more quickly. It leads to faster loading times and lower bounce rates. As a result, React applications rank highly in search results.
Disadvantages of ReactJS Framework
- ReactJS is a framework that is rapidly evolving and has high-speed functionalities, which makes it less stable.
- External modules and libraries are required to build an application using ReactJS. Since its own libraries are primarily UI-based, knowledge of external libraries is required to finish development.
- React has more administrative expenses than React Native. This is because React requires additional components to use the UI, which requires more effort and time.
- The “View” component of the Model View Controller (MVC) structure is typically built using Reactjs. As a result, other tools are needed to construct the other components.
Pros & Cons of React Native Framework
Advantages of React Native Framework
- Developers greatly benefit from its cross-platform functionality. Your React Native mobile app will work on multiple platforms without requiring code changes during the development process.
- React Native includes React’s Hot Reload feature as well as the ability to create robust UIs with minimal manual intervention.
- Its developer community responds quickly to questions and offers effective solutions. Thus, you’ll never be lost while developing React Native apps.
- React Native’s ready-to-use libraries enable developers to create intuitive and interactive user interfaces for a seamless user experience.
- React Native renders code components using native APIs and modules that improve the performance of the app.
- React Native inherits all of the benefits of a React library.
- Without completely rewriting the code, you can make changes by adding React Native UI components to your existing code.
- React Native provides a dynamic app experience by fusing the stability and strength of native development with the responsiveness and agility of web development.
Disadvantages of React Native Framework
- As the framework is still in its beta version, it might result in compatibility problems and bugs.
- Patenting and licensing may be a problem because React Native is at Facebook’s mercy. And Facebook has imposed certain licensing rules & regulations for the use of React Native. According to these regulations, they are free to halt any project that infringes on Facebook’s patents.
- React Native is simple to use for developers who are accustomed to working with ReactJS. However, it is quite complicated and challenging to learn for new developers.
- One of React Native’s main drawbacks is its inadequate documentation. Even the most fundamental concepts, such as configuration and setup, are poorly explained in its documentation.
ReactJS V/s React Native: 10 Primary Points of Differences
The following are some core concepts for both React and React Native. Please take a look at it to understand what makes them different.
|No||ReactJS||Point of Difference||React Native|
|1||ReactJS was first released in 2013. It works best for front-end web app development.||Inception & usage||React Native was first released in 2015. It works best for creating mobile apps for multiple OS like Android, iOS, and Windows.|
|3||It can independently run on each platform.||Platform-independence||Although it has cross-platform functionality, it is not platform-independent.|
|5||It navigates web pages using React-router.||Navigation||It has an integrated Navigator library for navigating mobile applications.|
|6||It makes use of HTML tags.||HTML tags||HTML tags are not used in it.|
|7||It contains reusable code components, which helps you save a ton of time.||Reusable-Components||It has the ability to reuse React Native UI components and modules, allowing hybrid apps to render natively.|
|8||It offers a high level of security.||Security||Compared to ReactJS, it offers less security.|
|9||In this, the browser code is rendered by the Virtual DOM.||Code Rendering||In this case, React Native renders code for mobile applications using its API.|
ReactJS V/s. React Native: Which is Preferable?
Both React and React Native are crucial components of app and web development. Thus, the React vs. ReactJS contest has no winners. It all depends on the specifications of your project.
However, React Native is the best option if you want a native mobile app that should function across various platforms. Because it was specifically designed for cross-platform mobile app development.
If you want to build a web application, ReactJS is the way to go. Nevertheless, keep in mind that you will also require backend technology! And for that, you can seek assistance from a reputable ReactJS App Development Company.
The debate between React and React Native has long raged, and you now understand the key differences between the two.
They are remarkably dissimilar despite their striking similarities. They are important in their specific areas of app development even though developers use them for various purposes.
Although both ReactJS and React Native have numerous drawbacks and limitations, they are the best and most recommended libraries and frameworks in their respective categories.
Therefore, rather than debating which one is superior, you should choose the framework that would best serve the objectives of your business. And If you’re looking for a web development company to help you make this decision and carry it out, join forces with us!
At Windzoon, we have a team of highly experienced developers who are experts in providing ReactJS App Development Services as well as React Native Mobile App Development Services.
To avail of our services, visit windzoon.com and get a quote.
ReactJS V/s React Native: Primary Points of Differences
Dharati Thakkar is professional PHP web developer with more than 8+ years of experience. She is mastered in computer application and started her career as a PHP developer. Dharati Thakkar has expertise in Laravel and many other PHP frameworks and likes to write blogs on this disciplines.